Homemade Scented Play Dough Valentines
Many schools are asking for non-candy Valentines so I thought I would share an inexpensive Valentine's day project that your kids can help out with.
I made Play Dough, using the ingredients listed below, then rolled it out and cut it into heart shapes using a cookie cutter. Printed a custom tag, placed them into a resealable bag and they were all set to hand out!
Homemade Play Dough
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup of salt
1 Tbsp. cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1-2 packets of flavored Kool-Aid
- Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar, and Kool-Aid in a medium pan over medium-high heat, stir in water and oil.
- Continue stirring mixture until it begins to solidify and pull away from pan — this takes about 5 minutes of cooking, stirring constantly.
- Flip playdough out of pan and onto counter, allow to cool until it’s comfortable enough to handle.
- Knead playdough for a minute to further mix.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. If playdough becomes dry, simply add a tiny bit of oil to it and work it in until it softens up.
Recipe from Pinterest - thepennywisemama.com